Welcome

Hi, my name is Stephen Bevan and I am Principal at Madeley Primary School in Perth, Western Australia. Research shows that open and clear communication between home and school is important which is why I have created this blog. As Principal of Madeley Primary School I value your opinions and encourage your comments. Feel free to comment on any of the posts. Comments are moderated prior to going live on the blog.

I will endeavour to provide you with regular and informative posts about our school and its activities. I ask that your comments be constructive and positive with any concerns or complaints directed to me personally at school.

Madeley Primary School prides itself on the positive, open and friendly culture that has been established. Our core values of Curriculum, Community and Care are guiding principles that shape our school.

Sunday 15 March 2015

Mobile Phones at School



My mobile phone and iPad have become an essential part of my work. I use these devices every day to communicate and to find and record information. Students need the opportunity to develop the knowledge and skills which allow for the safe use of mobile devices. However, these opportunities need to be managed in order to reduce the misuse of devices and to protect the safety of everyone on the school site.

The school has a mobile phone policy which every student is required to follow. Students need to have a specific reason for bringing a mobile phone to school. This reason needs to be communicated with us via the application form contained in the policy. There are no exceptions to this and students who do not comply will have their phone taken away until a parent comes and retrieves it. Please check out the schools mobile phone policy and complete the application form if you want your child to bring a phone to school.




No comments:

Post a Comment