Welcome

Hi, my name is Stephen Bevan and I am Principal at Madeley Primary School in Perth, Western Australia. Research shows that open and clear communication between home and school is important which is why I have created this blog. As Principal of Madeley Primary School I value your opinions and encourage your comments. Feel free to comment on any of the posts. Comments are moderated prior to going live on the blog.

I will endeavour to provide you with regular and informative posts about our school and its activities. I ask that your comments be constructive and positive with any concerns or complaints directed to me personally at school.

Madeley Primary School prides itself on the positive, open and friendly culture that has been established. Our core values of Curriculum, Community and Care are guiding principles that shape our school.

Tuesday 14 October 2014

Great Start

Term 4 has started well and I am settling slowly into the role of Principal. The staff are certainly very friendly and supportive and the admin team have got the school running with great efficiency. Every Monday morning I hold a mini-assembly for staff and students in Years PP - 7. These assemblies are a great time to address any issues, remind students about events and promote excellent behaviour and high achievement standards. The main message I shared with students this week was the importance of 'treating other people the way that you would like to be treated.' This 'rule' forms the basis of the way we encourage all members of our school community to behave.  I found a video on YouTube which supports this idea, promoting it as a 'kindness boomerang'.

I also talked briefly about the three core values of our school: Curriculum, Community and Care. I explained to students that Care should be the starting point because when we care about our environment and about other people we create a supportive community in which effective teaching and learning of the curriculum can take place. I have seen these values in action already this week and am excited about the opportunity to work in such a wonderful school environment.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful <3
    Thanks for sharing
    Gift of kindness cannot be measured by one alone
    It takes two - one to give one to receive
    Simple heart maths
    1 + 1 = 2 hearts joined in an eternal memory of a momentous joy and ease

    For sure ;) tears of joy and ease one day ...
    The gift of being present ... today <3

    ReplyDelete